Unfortunately, we only provide a CV and Resume Rewrite in a PDF format.
This is indicated on our services page at the time of sign-up.
There are a number of reasons why we do this. But the key ones are:
- Firstly, the PDF version will render better
- Secondly, the software we utilise only provides a PDF version
- Using a CV builder software helps to streamline and automate the development process, in particular, the design and layout, which lowers the cost of this service significantly.
Most online CV and Resume Builders will only deliver you a PDF. We have found for those that do provide a Word document the resulting document is sub-optimal.
The software we use for generating resumes does offer a Word version. But this is in beta. You are free to try this out for yourself via your account.
Most of our clients sign up for the CV rewrite service to gain Dr Anthony Llewellyn's expertise in redeveloping their documents.
Most of our clients are also keen to update their own CV afterwards, which we completely understand and encourage.
So you have 3 main options for doing this easily:
- You will have a minimum 12 months license to VisualCV. We suggest that the next time you need to update your CV. You log in to VisualCV. Make a copy of your current CV and then make changes to that copy. This is by far the easiest approach. And it is, for this reason, we suggest continuing your subscription at the end of 12 months.
- If you really want to try to translate your resume from PDF to Word you can use software to do this. For example, Small PDF has a free trial.
- You can pay us to make amendments to your document.